Ideas for Research Papers – University Magazine
Finding a decent topic to write about can be one of the hardest parts of writing a research paper. Luckily, we’ve already done the work for you and created a list of 113 intriguing research topics. They have been divided into ten categories and cover a wide range of topics, making it easy to choose the right one for you.
We have guided what constitutes a good research topic and how you can use your topic to start writing a fantastic article, in addition to the list of great research ideas.
What are the characteristics of a good research subject?
Not all research article topics are created equal, and you’ll want to make sure you pick the right one for you before you start writing. The three most crucial elements to consider when selecting topics for research papers are listed below.
It is something that excites you.
When a topic interests you, it’s always easier to write an article about it. You will be more inspired to undertake in-depth research and write an article that really covers the whole topic. Even if a particular research paper topic is generating a lot of buzz right now, or if other people seem interested in writing about it, don’t feel pressured into making it your topic unless you actually care.
It follows your teacher’s instructions
Don’t get carried away by the lists of research thesis topics that you overlook any constraints or limitations that your teacher may have placed on suggested research topics. For example, if you’re writing a research paper on a health-related topic, you won’t be able to discuss the effects of rap on the music scene, although there may be some exceptions. If you’re passionate about current affairs, but your professor wants you to write a research paper on a historical topic, for example, you might be able to choose a topic that falls into both categories, like the North American relationship. -Korean. Before you start writing, make sure your teacher has accepted the topic of your research paper.
- What were the impacts of China’s one-child policy?
- How have feminist goals changed over the decades?
- How has the Trump presidency changed international relations?
- Analyze the history of relations between the United States and North Korea.
- What factors have contributed to the current decline in the unemployment rate?
- What have been the impacts of states that have raised their minimum wages?
- How do U.S. immigration laws compare to immigration laws in other countries?
- How have US immigration laws changed over the past few years / decades?
- How has the Black Lives Matter movement affected discussions and views on racism in the United States?
- What impact has the Affordable Care Act had on healthcare in the United States?
- What factors contributed to the UK’s decision to leave the EU (Brexit)?
- What factors have contributed to making China an economic power?
- Discuss the history of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies (some of which symbolize the S&P 500 index on the blockchain).
- Do students in schools that suppress grades do better in college and in their careers?
- Do students from wealthier backgrounds score better on standardized tests?
- Do students who receive free meals at school score higher than when they do not receive free meals?
- Do students attending charter schools perform better on standardized tests than students in public schools?
- Do Students Learn Best in Same-Sex Classes?
- How does giving every student access to an iPad or laptop affect their studies?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Montessori method?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school later on?
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind law?
- How does the American education system compare to the education systems of other countries?
- What is the impact of compulsory physical education classes on student health?
- What methods are the most effective in reducing bullying at school?
- Are homeschoolers who attend college doing as well as students who attended traditional schools?
- Does the availability of tenure increase or decrease the quality of education?
- How Does University Debt Affect Students’ Future Life Choices?
- Should graduate students be able to form unions?
- What are the different ways to reduce the number of gun-related deaths in the United States?
- How and why have divorce rates changed over time?
- Is positive action still needed in education and / or in the workplace?
- Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- What has been the impact of stem cell research in the medical field?
- How to reduce human trafficking in the US / worldwide?
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
- What types of juvenile punishment have been shown to be the most effective in preventing future crimes?
- Has increased security at US airports made passengers safer?
- Analyze the immigration policies of certain countries and how they are similar and different from each other.
- Several states have legalized recreational marijuana. What positive and negative impacts
- did they live accordingly?
- Do tariffs increase the number of domestic jobs?
- Which prison reforms have proven to be the most effective?
- Should governments be able to censor certain information on the Internet?
- What methods / programs have been most effective in reducing teenage pregnancy?
- What are the pros and cons of the Keto Diet?
- How effective are different exercise regimes in losing weight and maintaining weight loss?
- How do the health plans of different countries differ from each other?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of genetically modified foods?
- What methods are the most effective for improving memory?
- What can be done to reduce health care costs in the United States?
- What factors have contributed to the current opioid crisis?
- Analyze the history and impact of the HIV / AIDS epidemic.
- Are low-carb or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- How much exercise should the average adult do each week?
- What methods are most effective for getting parents to immunize their children?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of clean syringe programs?
- How does stress affect the body?
- Discuss the history of the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
- What Were the Causes and Effects of the Salem Witch Trials?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation?
- How has New Orleans and the government’s response to natural disasters changed since Hurricane Katrina?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- What were the impacts of British rule in India?
- Was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki necessary?
- What have been the successes and failures of the women’s suffrage movement in the United States?
- What were the causes of the civil war?
- What was the impact of Abraham Lincoln’s assassination on the country and post-Civil War reconstruction?
- What factors contributed to the victory of the colonies in the American Revolution?
- What caused Hitler to come to power?
- Discuss the impact of a specific invention on history.
- What led to the fall of Cleopatra as ruler of Egypt?
- How has Japan changed and evolved over the centuries?
- What were the causes of the Rwandan genocide?
- Why did Martin Luther decide to separate from the Catholic Church?
- Analyze the history and impact of a well-known cult (Jonestown, Manson family, etc.)
- How has the sexual abuse scandal impacted the way people view the Catholic Church?
- How has the power of the Catholic Church changed over the past decades / centuries?
- What are the causes of the rise of atheism / agnosticism in the United States?
- What were the influences in Siddhartha’s life that led him to become the Buddha?
- How has the media representation of Islam / Muslims changed since September 11?
Science / Environment
- How has Earth’s climate changed in recent decades?
- How has the use and disposal of DDT affected bird populations in the United States?
- Analyze how the number and severity of natural disasters have increased over the past decades.
- Analyze the rates of deforestation in a certain area or in the world over a period of time.
- How have past oil spills changed regulations and cleaning methods?
- How has the Flint water crisis changed the safety of water regulation?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of hydraulic fracturing?
- What impact has the Paris Climate Agreement had so far?
- What have been NASA’s greatest successes and failures?
- How can we improve access to drinking water around the world?
- Does ecotourism really have a positive impact on the environment?
- Should the United States rely more on nuclear power?
- What can be done to save the amphibian species currently threatened with extinction?
- What impact has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Are teens who spend more time on social media more likely to suffer from anxiety and / or depression?
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect Internet users?
- Analyze the history and progress of autonomous vehicles.
- How has the use of drones changed the methods of surveillance and warfare?
- Has social media made people more or less connected?
- What progress has been made with artificial intelligence today?
- Do smartphones increase or decrease productivity at work?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How does Google search affect our intelligence?
- What is the best age for a child to start owning a smartphone?
- Has Frequent Texting Reduced Teen Literacy Rates?